Jeremy Luebke at Marketing Pilgrim signed up for a trial account of the new Google Audio Ads platform, which allows advertisers to bid on and buy spots on radio stations in the USA.
Interesting new features of the audio ads program include:
- Budgeting on a weekly rather than daily basis
- Demographic targeting of ads
- Ad targetting by radio station
- Geographical targeting by city, state, post (zip) code or countrywide
- Pricing based on CPM – cost per thousand listeners
- Google estimates audience numbers based on Arbitron’s estimates
- Ad scheduling enabled for days of the week and times of the day, similar to CPC ads.
The full post can be viewed at http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2007/03/first-look-at-google-audio-radio-ads.html