High-growth firms, or “scale-ups” are officially defined by the OECD as businesses with at least 10 employees and an average annual growth in employment or revenue exceeding 20% over three consecutive years.
Challenges scale-ups face in 2022
- Currency fluctuations
- Post-pandemic work & culture
- Dwindling investor interest
- Intense competition
Our recommendations for UK scale-ups
- Consider alternative international markets
- Capitalise on UK business reputation
- Think digital – infrastructure & functionality
- Be transparent with investors
- Wear your ethics on your sleeve
- Advance your digital marketing strategy
If you have questions about international growth, cross-border trade and export, remember to sign up for our exclusive Q&A with the DIT’s export specialist.