In today’s climate of changing privacy laws and cookie-less tracking, sports brands face massive marketing challenges. It will become harder to create relevant content for your fans and optimise targeting for your business.
Based on the pattern of previous updates and changes, if your organisation doesn’t start adapting advertising processes and earning fan data in new ways, you will struggle to expand your audiences and see results.
To recap on the biggest changes in the last couple of years, businesses have had to navigate problems such as:
- Cookie-less browsing
- Understanding privacy changes
- Acquiring more first-party data
- Migrating from Universal Analytics to Google Analytics 4
- Constant competition and problems upscaling
- Introduction of new ad formats and changes to social platforms such as TikTok, Twitter and Meta
To sufficiently track performance metrics, drive business growth, and stay on top of the competition, sports brands need to start preparing now. If you don’t update your critical marketing processes, your ability to communicate with your customers will be severely hindered.
We’ve created a checklist to see where your business might need support and to offer guidance when it comes to navigating these changes.
You can view the PDF version by clicking the button below: