Upgrading Google Analytics Sounds Tempting
You can access the new Google Analytics experience by setting up a Google Analytics 4 (GA4) property, formerly known as ‘App + Web’ property. Before rushing to get this shiny new version, be warned that this isn’t just a simple version upgrade. Here are 5 things you need to know:
1. Upgrading to GA4 requires creating a whole new property.
2. Only basic settings from the old version get copied over to the new one.
3. Conversions, audiences, events and product links have to be rebuilt from scratch.
4. Enhanced measurement is automatically enabled but you have to protect user privacy.
5. Google Analytics 4 requires familiarity with event-based tracking.