Online searches for ‘Pride Month’ have increased 100% since 2008
Searches for consumer-interest topics around Pride have grown exponentially from 2004 to the present day, representing a clear opportunity for businesses to educate and celebrate. The rate of growth was resilient even through the global pandemic in 2020.
Business interest in Pride has also grown consistently, year on year. Searches for participation, sponsorship and opportunities for businesses to participate in Pride peaked in 2019. We’re optimistic that numbers in 2021 might go even higher.
Here are 5 ways your brand can get involved in Pride without seeming to just “jump on the bandwagon” or get criticised for “pink washing”:
- Don’t just talk the talk – show how your organisation is making a positive impact on the LGBTQ+ community.
- Take a stand – LGBTQ+ audiences appreciate it when brands stand against hate, and are loyal to these brands.
- Include your employees – not only will it engage your team, but they will also act as your propriety check and ambassadors.
- Do what you can – you don’t always need to make grand gestures, even a simple act of solidarity can go a long way.
- Make it last – demonstrate real commitment to equality, all year round, not just during Pride month.